the next steps

I'm interested in finding out more about arranging counselling with #4me…what details will you need from me?

All we need is your name, date of birth, postcode and either an email address or postal address for us to contact you. To get in touch, you can either call 01277 283199 or email us at

Can I refer myself for counselling without getting permission from a parent or carer?

Yes if you are aged 12 and over.

Can a parent or other adult arrange counselling for me?

Yes. Like you they can either call 01277 283199 or email us at We shall ask them if they have talked to you about the possibility of counselling.

Information for Parents/Carers/Teachers

The #4Me project is part of HBBS, a not-for-profit organisation founded in 1989 offering support for local people. To start with we worked just with those suffering from the effects of a close bereavement, but today we also help with other issues such as family or friendship breakdown, stress or anxiety.

Our Counsellors are all members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (known as the BACP) and follow their Professional guidelines for good practice.

If the young person has experienced a bereavement, the counselling is free as it is funded by the Big Lottery. Charges are made for other counselling, but the costs are subsidised by our fundraising work.